New and Notable
June 12, 2023, Palo Alto: The 20th Annual Stanford Digital Economy Best Practices (DEBP) conference is the premier educational event for in-house counsel and practitioners who work in or for Internet, e-commerce, mobile, social networking, and cloud companies. Leading experts from industry, legal practice, and academia will address current issues facing the industry and offer practical solutions for dealing with the many legal uncertainties that arise when doing business online. Details, agenda and registration at the Stanford Program in Law, Science & Technology (LST) website.
March 20, 2023, Santa Monica: The 2023 USC Intellectual Property Institute is a gathering of national speakers and a sophisticated discussion of emerging issues and best practices in IP. Focusing on copyright, patent and trademark law, the Institute takes place over the course of two days and features morning plenary sessions, a keynote address, and tracked sessions. Details, agenda and registration at the USC Gould School of Law website.
Visit our Event Archive to read about past startup and social platform events in which Bottom Line Law Group or Antone Johnson participated as a presenter, sponsor or attendee.
Press Interviews and Quotes
- Balboa Foundation Seeks to Cure Isolation Using Virtual Reality, UploadVR, May 13, 2016
- Mastering Digital Language Equals Reaching Customers, Investor’s Business Daily, October 7, 2015
- Yelp’s tactics feel ‘nefarious’ and ‘fishy,’ even if they’re legal, Los Angeles Times, April 3, 2014
- Lawyers Get Smarter About Betting on Tech Clients, Wall Street Journal, June 27, 2012
- Post Dot-com Crash, Silicon Valley Law Firms Still Want Start-Up Clients, But Take New View on Fees, ABA Journal, June 27, 2012
- The Post-IPO World of Facebook GC Ted Ullyot, Law.com — Corporate Counsel, May 18, 2012
- Silicon Valley Lawyers Back JOBS Act — Cautiously, Law.com — The Recorder, March 22, 2012
- Why Are Lawyers So Expensive Even With The Excess Supply of Lawyers?, Forbes, March 6, 2012
- Facebook’s 99% , Inside Facebook, February 6, 2012
- Facebook’s Biggest Risks Explained, ReadWriteWeb, February 1, 2012
- Legal Guidelines for Small Businesses Using Social Media, NFIB, July 16, 2010
- This Week in Law: Antone Johnson appeared as a guest on This Week in Law to discuss NSA surveillance, online free speech and privacy rights, Bitcoin and more. Watch the meatiest part of the program beginning around 14:25.
- Martindale-Hubbell Connected Pulse:
Watch Antone Johnson’s interview with Mike Mintz in which they discuss legal issues for startups and social platforms, drawing on experiences at MySpace and eHarmony in their periods of rapid growth and international expansion:
- CBC Radio All In A Day – “Crowdfunding Critic”: Conversation with host Alan Neal regarding the challenges and risks to investors inherent in crowdfunding (7 min. audio):
- New Threats to Cybersecurity panel (video), Stanford Law School Program in Law, Science and Technology, 6th Annual E-Commerce Best Practices Conference, June 12, 2009
Connect with us on Twitter, Mastodon, Post or Bluesky