New and Notable
February 9, 2016, Santa Monica: The 2016 USC Intellectual Property Institute spans a wide range of topics ranging from copyright fair use in the digital era to emerging trends in patent litigation, with insight from eight federal judges. Details, agenda and registration at the USC Gould School of Law website.
March 2-4, 2016, San Francisco: LAUNCH Festival, founded by Jason Calacanis, is billed as “the greatest startup conference in the world, with 15,000 attendees, four stages, and 250 speakers focused on helping founders build, scale, and fund the next generation of outstanding companies.” Registration is free for founders.
May 13, 2016, Oakland: HustleCon 2016 is a one-day startup conference where the best non-technical founders (aka hustlers) teach how they got started and give practical advice on growing your startup. ‘If you’ve heard of a hacker, well a hustler is its counterpart.’ Speakers include Amanda Bradford, Andy Dunn, Danielle Morrill, David Renteln, and more.
Visit our Event Archive to read about past events in which Bottom Line Law Group participated as a presenter, sponsor or attendee.
Press Interviews and Quotes
- Balboa Foundation Seeks to Cure Isolation Using Virtual Reality, UploadVR, May 13, 2016
- Mastering Digital Language Equals Reaching Customers, Investor’s Business Daily, October 7, 2015
- Yelp’s tactics feel ‘nefarious’ and ‘fishy,’ even if they’re legal, Los Angeles Times, April 3, 2014
- Lawyers Get Smarter About Betting on Tech Clients, Wall Street Journal, June 27, 2012
- Post Dot-com Crash, Silicon Valley Law Firms Still Want Start-Up Clients, But Take New View on Fees, ABA Journal, June 27, 2012
- The Post-IPO World of Facebook GC Ted Ullyot, Law.com — Corporate Counsel, May 18, 2012
- Silicon Valley Lawyers Back JOBS Act — Cautiously, Law.com — The Recorder, March 22, 2012
- Why Are Lawyers So Expensive Even With The Excess Supply of Lawyers?, Forbes, March 6, 2012
- Facebook’s 99% , Inside Facebook, February 6, 2012
- Facebook’s Biggest Risks Explained, ReadWriteWeb, February 1, 2012
- Legal Guidelines for Small Businesses Using Social Media, NFIB, July 16, 2010
- This Week in Law: Antone Johnson appeared as a guest on This Week in Law to discuss NSA surveillance, online free speech and privacy rights, Bitcoin and more. Watch the meatiest part of the program beginning around 14:25.
- Martindale-Hubbell Connected Pulse:
Watch Antone Johnson’s interview with Mike Mintz in which they discuss social media law and international expansion, drawing on experiences at MySpace and eHarmony:
- CBC Radio All In A Day – “Crowdfunding Critic”: Conversation with host Alan Neal regarding the challenges and risks to investors inherent in crowdfunding (7 min. audio):
- New Threats to Cybersecuritypanel (streaming video 300k), Stanford Law School Program in Law, Science and Technology, 6th Annual E-Commerce Best Practices Conference, June 12, 2009
Visit us at Google+