Recent Publications by Antone Johnson:
- Facebook’s High-Stakes “Poker” Game, TechCrunch, December 29, 2012
- 5 ‘IP’ Mistakes Startups Should Avoid, Wall Street Journal, May 10, 2012
- Why Are Lawyers So Expensive Even With The Excess Supply of Lawyers? in Best of Quora 2010-2012, free eBook (PDF, 442 pages)
- Is writing specific instructions on the Internet on illegal activity protected free speech? Forbes, October 3, 2011
Document Templates and Examples
- Convertible Note Financing Sample Term Sheet (at SlideShare)
- Social Media Policy Template and Resources (PDF)
- Social Media Policy Template and Resources (Word)
- Ethics Tips for Lawyers Using Social Media (PDF)
Antone Johnson is writing at Gust Blog: “Thoughts on startups by investors that fund them and entrepreneurs that run them.”
Gust bloggers are seasoned industry experts including Gust Founder/CEO and New York Angels Chairman David S. Rose; Tim Berry, “the Obi Wan Kenobi of business plans”; veteran investor and angel group founder Bill Payne; renowned startup mentor Martin Zwilling; and alternative investing expert Bob Rice, author of The Alternative Answer and Three Moves Ahead. Gust is a professional investor relations platform for startups and the industry-standard funding application for angel groups and venture funds.
Click here for Mashtag, a unique blog observing social media, entrepreneurship, public policy, and all things at the intersection of people, capital, technology, and creativity.
The Bottom Line
Click here for The Bottom Line, a daily round-up compiled from the Twitter feeds of leading voices in tech entrepreneurship, Web 2.0, venture capital and angel financing, and the startup community in San Francisco/Silicon Valley and Los Angeles/Santa Monica, with a little bit of pure fun sprinkled on top. If you like it, please share it!
Term Sheet and Quora
We’ve launched a board on Quora, Term Sheet, described as “a hand-crafted collection of startup resources for entrepreneurs and investors ready to roll up their sleeves and dig into the gory details.” Term Sheet assembles the best words of wisdom, both in the form of Quora answers and in links to longer blog posts, written by luminaries ranging from Marc Andreessen to Fred Wilson and everyone in between. Visit Term Sheet on Quora, as well as its companion The Bottom Line, and click “Follow” to get the latest updates. You can also read our Quora answers to many frequently asked questions regarding startups, venture capital, angel investing, stock options, employee compensation, intellectual property, online liability, defamation, advertising law, and more. Antone Johnson was honored as one of Quora’s “Top Writers” and contributed to the book Best of Quora 2010–2012, available for free download in PDF format.
Visit us at Google+