Gust Blog colleague Bob Rice recently published The Alternative Answer: The Nontraditional Investments That Drive the World’s Best-Performing Portfolios. Currently Alternative Investment Editor at Bloomberg Television, where he appears daily on “Money Moves with Deirdre Bolton,” Bob has been involved in the Alternatives world for more than 30 years. Gust is a professional investor relations platform for startups and the industry-standard funding application for angel groups and venture funds. For more on Gust Blog, see “Blogs” tab.
- May 19, 2012, San Francisco: Antone Johnson spoke on social media and legal ethics at the State Bar of California’s 16th Annual Statewide Ethics Symposium: Evolution of Ethics in an Electronic Age at UC Hastings School of Law. See our main Resources page for related materials and resources, including a template social media policy.
- October 25, 2011, Los Angeles:We were excited to help organize and sponsor the second ideakick event in Southern California, ideakickLA, at BLANKSPACES, a coworking space on Wilshire Blvd. in Los Angeles. Originated by Trevor Goss in San Francisco, these are fun, casual events that forge connections, inspire collaboration, introduce potential co-founders, and even launch startups! See the ideakick website for more details on the format.
- September 12, 2011, San Francisco: Antone Johnson co-led an “Ask the Attorney” community conversation at SF MusicTech Summit IX for music technology startups and entrepreneurs.
- September 17, 2011, Long Beach: Antone Johnson spoke on the subject of social media and professional ethics for lawyers at the 84th Annual Meeting of the State Bar of California.
- July 19, 2011, San Francisco: Antone Johnson spoke on a panel for startups and entrepreneurs at pariSoma Innovation Loft entitled How to structure term sheets in a frothy market.
- November 19, 2010, Los Angeles: Antone Johnson spoke on the challenges facing employers from social media and online social networking services at the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) Convention. The panel provided tips for employers to encourage good use and avoid abuse in blogs, social sites, and other internet communications. The panel also explored the use of social media and networking sites in the pre-employment application process, during internal investigations and as a tool for effective litigation.
- November 15-17, 2010, San Francisco: Web 2.0 Summit, an annual gathering of industry leaders moderated by John Battelle and Tim O’Reilly with speakers ranging from Carol Bartz to Mark Zuckerberg, took place with a theme of Points of Control: The Battle for the Network Economy. See this post at Mashtag for commentary, video archives and more..
- June 5, 2010, San Francisco: Bottom Line Law Group was pleased to sponsor and participate in Freelance Camp PRO at the new NextSpace coworking location at 2nd and Market in San Francisco. Freelance Camp PRO is a new twist on the established series of BarCamps for freelancers and independent contractors, aimed at a class of professionals who are serious about building a freelance business. Antone Johnson led sessions on choosing the form of business entity for forming a new startup company and on handling and avoiding disputes with difficult customers.
- May 21, 2010, San Francisco: Bottom Line Law Group was pleased to sponsor TEDx SoMa – Interactivity and the Digital Future, at pariSoma Innovation Loft. The event, organized by the Institute For The Future, featured Marina Gorbis, David Pescovitz, and Jason Tester, among other distinguished speakers See this post at Mashtag for details.
- May 1, 2010, San Francisco: Antone Johnson spoke on social media and ethics at the State Bar of California’s 14th Annual Statewide Ethics Symposium. The Symposium is a forum for California lawyers to participate in an interactive program discussing cutting edge issues confronting the professional responsibility area. See our main Resources page for related materials and resources, including a template social media policy.
- March 12-21, 2010, Austin: We were proud to partner again with the Social Media Club, the world’s largest organization of social media professionals, to sponsor the Social Media Clubhouse during SxSW Interactive. Events at the Clubhouse were streamed live on the Web, including a Synaptic Web Summit, Engagement Summit and Coworking Summit. See their website for complete details.
- Feb. 24, 2010, Los Angeles: We joined Tech Coast Angels members and other startup investors at UCLA Anderson School of Management for the 5th Annual Los Angeles Fast Pitch Competition. Congratulations to winners Equipois (1st place overall), Renovation Planners, Pressure Sentinel and Vubiq. Out of 170 companies that applied, only ten made it to the competition.
- Feb. 1-5, 2010, San Francisco: We were proud to sponsor and participate in Social Media Camp SF, the marquee local event of the second annual Social Media Week San Francisco conference, which took place between February 1st – 5th, 2010 simultaneously in New York City, Berlin, London, San Francisco, Toronto and São Paulo. The five-day conference explored the profound impact that social media has on culture, business communications and society at large. See this post on Mashtag for commentary on one of the most interesting sessions of the week.
- Jan. 20, 2010: Antone Johnson spoke on social media and legal ethics at the sixth annual ACCA-SoCal In-House Counsel Conference: “Practical Approaches for Survival and Success“ at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles. See our main Resources page for links to materials from the presentation, including social media policy resources and ethics tips for attorneys.